With the permission of Archbishop Barry Hickey of Perth, Ames travels the world to spread God’s message of endless love, forgiveness and mercy. He has spoken in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Russia, South Africa, Australia, Japan, Kenya, Malaysia, Philippines, Mexico, New Zealand, Italy, South America, Portugal, Germany, France, Austria and the United States. The audiences number from 200 to 20,000.
Ames’ ministry is a nonprofit organization that helps those in need. Most recently he was able to fund a hospice in Kenya for those dying of AIDS.
Ames has appeared on national television in the United States on CBS and ABC, as well as numerous local TV news shows around the world, including two programs on Catholic Television of San Antonio.
He has given talks here in San Antonio at 35 different Catholic churches over the past six years. He has spoken at St. Matthew, St. Mary Magdalen, St. Dominic, St. Lawrence, Church of the Good Shepherd, Sacred Heart, St. Monica, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Little Flower Basilica and more. His message centers on the Eucharist, the rosary and confession as well as conversion of heart.
His speaking schedule for San Antonio follows. All services begin with Mass. Ames will then speak for 45 minutes, followed by exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. He will then pray over all who are present and then individually lay hands over all who come forward.
- Sunday, Nov. 7, 2 p.m.; Lourdes Grotto, 5722 Blanco Rd.
- Monday, Nov. 8, 7 p.m.; St. Mary Magdalen Church, 1710 Clower St.
- Tuesday, Nov. 9, 7 p.m.; St. Cecilia Church, 125 W. Whittier St.
- Wednesday, Nov. 10, 7 p.m.; Holy Rosary Church, 159 Camino Santa Maria.
- Thursday, Nov. 11, 7 p.m.; St. Matthew Church, 10703 Wurzbach.
- Friday, Nov. 12, 7 p.m.; Church of the Good Shepherd, 1065 Live Oak, in Schertz.
- Saturday, Nov. 13, 7:30 p.m.; St. Paul Church, 1700 Block, St. Cloud Rd. at Sutton Dr.
- Sunday, Nov. 14, 7 p.m.; National Shrine of the Little Flower, 1715 North Zarzamora.